The Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs strives to provide comprehensive and quality services to a Body of Citizens comprising, the Parliament and its Members as well as Ministries/Departments and other Organizations of Government of India and State Governments.
To act as an efficient facilitator to constantly improve Government's interaction with Parliament by:-
• Planning, coordinating and monitoring Government's business in Parliament.
• Helping Ministries/Departments to effectively carry out their Parliamentary work.
• Responding actively and effectively on behalf of the Government in respect of directions, resolutions etc. of a general nature made to the Government by the Houses of Parliament.
• Constituting and arranging meetings of Consultative Committees of Members of Parliament for Ministries.
• Taking initiatives through organizing of conferences, programs, etc. for increasing awareness about the Parliamentary system with a view to strengthening the roots of democracy.
• Administering policies relating to Salaries, facilities and welfare related matters of Members of Parliament.
• Coordinating Ministries/Departments for implementation of assurances given by Ministers in both the Houses of Parliament-culling out of assurances from the debates; monitoring the state of fulfillment thereof and laying of Implementation reports before the Houses. To propagate ideas of democracy.