New Delhi, the 27th February , 2002
G.S.R 75. - In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the constitution and in supersession of the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs (Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 1963, in so far as it relates to the post of Section Officer except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Section Officer in the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement-
(1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Section Officer Recruitment Rules, 2002.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and scale of pay, -The number of the said post, its classification and the scale of pay attached thereto shall be as specified in columns 2 to 4 of the schedule, annexed hereto.
3. Methods of recruitment, age limit and qualifications, etc, - The method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns 5 to 14 of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification. - No person, _
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax. - Where the Central Government is of the opinion that is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reason to be recorded in writing and in consolation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving. - Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Ex Servicemen and other special categories of persons, in accordance with the Orders issued by Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of posts||Classification||Scale of pay||Whether selection by merit or selection-cum-sonority or non selection post||Age limit for direct recruits|
|Section Officer||*12(2002) |
*subject to variation dependent on workload.
|General Central Service, Group 'B' Gazetted, Non-Ministerial||Rs 6500-200- 10500||Selection-cum-seniority||Not applicable|
|Whether benefit of added years of service admissible under Rule 30 of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation or absorption and percentage of the posts to be filled by various methods.|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Two years for promotees.||Promotion failing which by deputation.|
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation or absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation or absorption to be made.||If a departmental promotion Committee exists what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission to be consulted in making recruitment|
| Promotion: |
Assistants with eight years' regular service in the grade.
Note: Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors shall also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less, and have successfully completed their probation period, if prescribed.
| For promotion or conformation: |
1. Secretary, Ministry of parliamentary Affairs-Chairman
2. Deputy secretary (Admn.), Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs-Member
3. Nominee of other Ministries of the rank of the Under Secretary and above-Member
|Consultation with Union Public Service Commission necessary while appointing officer from State Governments or Union territories on deputation.|
| Deputation: |
Officers under the Central or State Governments or Union Territories: -
(a)(i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent Cadre or Department; or
(b) (i) Possessing bachelor's degree from recognized University or Institute or equivalent; and
Note :-The departmental Officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
(Period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization or Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed 3 years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of the receipt of application).
| [F.NO.F.4 (1) 2001-Admn] |
P.S. MALHOTRA, Under Secy.
Note. - Principal rules of the Ministry were published in the Gazette of India, vide notification no.G.S.R.1850 dated 29th November, 1963 and subsequently amended from time to time and last such amendment was made vide Notification No.GSR1357 dated 7th November, 1978.